We’re now taking bookings for the 2024 and 2025 seasons:
- Saturday 18th May – 4 places available
- Sunday 19th May – 1 place available
- Saturday 6th July – 2 places available
- Sunday 7th July – 4 places available
- Saturday 14th September – 2 places available
- Saturday 17th May – 4 places available
- Sunday 18th May – 4 place available
- Saturday 5th July – 4 places available
- Sunday 6th July – 4 places available
- Saturday 13th September – 4 places available
How to book
- Make sure you read through the Terms and Conditions underneath BEFORE making your booking.
- Make your booking using the booking form below.
- You will receive an email from The Trolleybus Museum within a few days of your booking with details on how to make payment, which can be either by credit/debit card or by electronic banking.
- We will also contact you nearer your selected day to confirm arrangements. Your privacy is important to us and we will only use your information in connection with the purchase and administration of your TDE.
IMPORTANT – Terms & Conditions
1. The participant must hold a valid UK driving licence which must be produced for inspection on the day.
2. Participants must be 21 or over. Those aged under 25 or over 70 can only be booked with the prior agreement of our insurers, so if you fall into either of those two categories please contact us before booking.
3. THE PARTICIPANT MUST BE ABLE-BODIED, HAVE A REASONABLE LEVEL OF FITNESS AND BE REASONABLY AGILE AS TROLLEYBUS CABS ARE DIFFICULT TO ACCESS; doing this several times in a day can be challenging. We reserve the right to stop a guest participating in the Experience if we feel that they are not sufficiently fit and continuing would be likely to cause personal injury or harm. In these circumstances the COST CANNOT BE REFUNDED. If you have any concerns about this, please discuss them with us before making a booking.
4. The participant must meet the legal eyesight requirements for driving, if necessary wearing spectacles.
5. The participant must have adequate hearing, to hear the conductor’s bell and more importantly the driving instructor’s directions.
6. In compliance with legislation the participant must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
7. The participant agrees to comply with the rules of The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft (Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited) and the instructions given during the course.
8. A booking may be cancelled up to 14 days before the selected day and a refund given. Any refund may be subject to the deduction of a small handling charge and may depend on the space being sold to a new participant. The TDE Manager should be contacted as soon as practicable if a cancellation becomes necessary
One guest is included in the basic price. Additional guests are welcome but the Museum is not open to the public during TDE days, so not all our attractions may be available. Additional guests are charged at £7.50 each, including refreshments and lunch. All guests can ride on the trolleybus during the day whilst participants are driving.