We welcome people with disabilities and our volunteer staff are always happy to assist if needed – please don’t be afraid to ask!
To help you enjoy your visit, we have the following facilities:
- Reserved parking spaces for disabled persons near to our Reception building.
- Wheelchairs available for visitors to use.
- Ramped or level access to all buildings. (Please note, parts of our main depot building have uneven floors so we don’t allow any visitors in these areas.)
- A disabled persons’ toilet equipped with changing bench.
- Portable steps to assist boarding our trolleybuses and motorbuses.
Assistance dogs are welcome and allowed in all areas of the Museum.
However, our trolleybuses and motorbuses are historic vehicles. Unlike modern buses they weren’t built for easy access so we can’t carry people in wheelchairs on them. We do have portable steps to help boarding, and our staff will give every assistance to less ambulant visitors who want to enjoy a ride and experience these magnificent vehicles.