We are always pleased to welcome group and private party visits as well as hosting coach trips during our normal open days. We can often accommodate private visits on days when the Museum is not open to the general public.
We can offer your party:
- Private catering
- Meeting rooms
- Guided tours of the Museum
- Private tours by vintage motorbus
Group and Private Parties
Planning a birthday (or other) celebration, a school visit, a study tour or the like?
On open days
Group and private party visits can normally be accommodated on any open day; however we do need prior notice to enable us to be ready to receive and (if requested) cater for you. A discount of 15% on entrance prices is applied to parties of 15 or more visitors paying together on an open day. This discount applies only to Adult, Senior and Concession rates – it does not apply to the Family package.
To enquire about any special requirements, including bespoke catering arrangements, please use our contact form (and where appropriate, please include details of any special dietary needs).
At other times
We’re happy to receive enquiries about private party visits on days other than our normal open days, when we can also provide catering. However as our Museum is run entirely by volunteers we may not always be able to muster sufficient staff on your chosen day or time, but we will do our best to meet your needs. Costs depend on exactly what is required, including catering (and please include details of any special dietary needs when you make your enquiry).
Please also refer to the notes below about payment; to enquire further, request a quotation and make a booking, please message us on our contact form.
Coach Trip Visits
On open days
Coach trip visits can normally be accommodated on any open day, but please give us notice so we’re ready to receive and be able to cater for such visits. We give a discount of 15% on entrance prices to parties of 15 or more but note that this discount applies only to Adult, Senior and Concession rates and not the Family package.
Drivers are admitted free and receive a voucher for refreshments.
Bespoke catering can be provided for coach parties on normal open days (except Sandtoft Gathering Day). For a quotation, please complete our contact form with your requirements, including details of any special dietary needs. Please also refer to the notes below about payment.
Catering for group & party visits, including coach trip visits
You don’t have to make special arrangements about catering on open days as our cafe provides a range of hot and cold food and drinks. If you prefer, we can provide your party with a private room and a range of options including:
- hot or cold drinks with biscuits and/ or cakes
- a selection of sandwiches or filled rolls
- a full hot or cold buffet or
- a combination of these.
Special dietary needs can also be met, but please let us know in advance.
Please note that we can’t provide private catering on Sandtoft Gathering Day – we need all our building space for the attractions and our catering staff are just too busy!
Payment – Coach Parties, Groups, and Private Visits
- Payment on arrival can be by cash or credit/ debit card
- Cheques can only be accepted at least 7 days prior to the visit
- Payment by BACS is accepted but must be received no later than the day prior to the visit
- Receipted invoices can be issued upon request; the Museum is not registered for VAT.
On Open Days
- Payment of admission charges is due at, or prior to arrival at, the Museum. To speed your arrival we recommend that admission payment is made in advance.
- Payment for special catering is required at least 7 days prior to the visit.
At other times
- We will provide a bespoke quotation based on your requirements for catering, number of operating trolleybuses, motorbus tours etc.
- We require a deposit of £150.00 at the time of booking. This is refundable, less a small handling charge to cover costs if the visit is cancelled no less than ten days prior to the booked date.
- Unless agreed otherwise at time of booking, the balance should be paid at least 7 days prior to the date of the visit.