After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
The Trolleybus Museum at 50 Gala Weekend Trolleyday Plus
Saturday, August 24 10:30AM
Click here to see public transport links today
What’s happening this weekend:
We are celebrating our 50th Anniversary over this August Bank Holiday weekend and plan to do it in style! As well as having them on display, we are planning to run as many of our trolleybuses as possible during the weekend, many available for you to ride on. Of course, as well as the trolleybuses, all our normal attractions and exhibitions will be available.
Please be aware that circumstances beyond our control may necessitate the cancellation or closure of any activity, facility or attraction.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- Full-size working replica pioneer 1911 Cedes Stoll "trackless trolley" on display (weather permitting)
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme)
- TOY museum
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £10.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior: £8.50- "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession: £6.50 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family: £29.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. At the discretion of the conductor (for the comfort of passengers), dogs may be allowed on trolleybuses and motorbuses.
Public transport links today (Saturday)
On each Saturday Trolleyday, the Trolleybus Museum operates a free bus link between Epworth and the Trolleybus Museum to link with a scheduled bus service from/ to Doncaster operated by Isle Coaches.
Isle Coaches Service 291 (to Owston Ferry) Trolleybus Museum Free Bus
Doncaster Interchange (Bay C5) depart 11.00am
Epworth Rectory arrive 11.52am depart 11.55am
Trolleybus Museum arrive 12.10pm
Free Bus - Return Service
Trolleybus Museum Free Bus Isle Coaches Service 399 (to Doncaster)
Trolleybus Museum depart 4.20pm
Epworth Rectory arrive 4.35pm depart 4.45pm
Doncaster Interchange arrive 5.45pm
Please remember that fares are charged on the scheduled Isle Coaches services
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft today and/ or over this weekend!
Click here to return to the full list of TrolleydaysLocation: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft