After viewing an event, click here to return to the full list.
Blues and Twos Weekend Trolleyday Plus
Sunday, August 11 10:30AM
Open this weekend on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 4.30pm each day (last admission 3.30pm)
Click here to see public transport links today
What’s happening this weekend:
After a three year absence, we are seeing the return of our popular Blues and Twos weekend, when we welcome a range of visiting retired 999 vehicles whose owners and crews (many of whom are serving or retired emergency service personnel) present some dramatic demonstrations, with commentary, of how different emergencies are dealt with (and lots of noise and water can be involved!). There are plenty of opportunities to look closely at fire engines, ambulances and police vehicles and chat with their crews. All this, and in between the demonstrations, a selection of our trolleybuses will be operating and giving rides to visitors and all our usual attractions and exhibitions will be open.
Special features for the weekend
- A selection of visiting fire brigade, ambulance service and police vehicles on show
- Dramatic displays and demonstrations of how the 999 services deal with different emergency situations
Please be aware that circumstances beyond our control may necessitate the cancellation or closure of any activity, facility or attraction.
Visit our Facebook page for the latest information about this weekend
Our normal attractions include:
- Selection of trolleybuses in operation to ride on
- In-house 5-rated cafe serving made-to-order meals, delicious home-made cakes and hot and cold drinks
- Vintage motorbus guided tour of surrounding local area (the Isle of Axholme) **
- TOY museum
- Trolleybus displays
- 1950s/ 60s shop window displays
- The period Sunbeam cycle shop exhibition
- 1950s Prefab “home” display
- Audio-visual presentations in the “Regal” lecture theatre
- Children's full-sized trolleybus "Have a Go at Driving” simulator (located in the café)
- Guided tours of vehicles in the main depot building
- Souvenir shop
- Gardens & nature trail
** These motor bus tours operated by the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft are provided free of charge and admission to the Trolleybus Museum is neither required nor granted by the use of these tours or any other free bus service provided by the Trolleybus Museum and payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum is not a condition of carriage.
Ample FREE parking (including for coaches)
Admission prices this weekend:
Note: Our admission prices include a 10% (rounded up) gift aid donation
Adult: £10.00 - "Adult" is defined as a person aged 17 to 60 inclusive and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below).
Senior £8.50 - "Senior is defined as a person aged 61 or over and who is not eligible to be classified as a "Concession" (see below)
Concession £6.50 - “Concession” is defined as the following:
- a child aged 5 to 16 inclusive
- a person who is registered as disabled
- a person acting as a carer for a (or a group o) disabled person(s) also visiting the Museum
- a university student (student union ID must be produced)
Family £29.50 - “Family” is defined as a party of 2 adults (they may be either “Adults” or “Seniors”) accompanied by up to 4 “Concessions”
THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES! Our admission prices are all-inclusive, so it include ALL trolleybus and motorbus rides, and will admit visitors to ALL available exhibitions and attractions.
Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control and on a lead. Please note that (apart from guide and other assistance dogs) they are not permitted in certain buildings, including the café and the souvenir shop. For the security and comfort of passengers, it will be at the discretion of the conductor whether a dog may be allowed on a trolleybus or motorbus. We endeavour to provide bowls of water for dogs – please ask a Museum official if these are empty or not obviously available!.
Public transport links today (Sunday)
Free Bus Service from Doncaster Interchange (adjacent to Doncaster Railway Station):
Doncaster Interchange (Bay C6) depart 12.00 noon
Trolleybus Museum arrive 12.40pm
Free Bus Service - Return trip from the Trolleybus Museum
Trolleybus Museum depart 4.00pm
Doncaster Interchange arrive 4.40pm
Note: On SATURDAY (10 August) there is a FREE return link at Epworth with scheduled Doncaster - Owston Ferry bus services.
Advertised free bus services are operated by Sandtoft Transport Centre Limited. Payment for admission to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft is not a condition of carriage.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft this weekend!Location: The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft