Doncaster Corporation Transport needed a small number of low-bridge double-deckers for the Edlington route, which was plagued with low railway bridges. When numbers 111 & 112 were delivered, the Daimler CVD6, with CD6 8.6 litre engine and pre-selective (spring operated gear change) transmission, was Doncaster's standard and the two low-bridge Daimlers were part of the first large batch of buses delivered in Crimson Lake livery, with Ivory bands and Vermillion lining. They rarely strayed from the Edlington route and were sold when replaced by two low-bridge Regent III's (numbers 135 & 136), with number 112 going to Rossie Motors, at Rossington, near Doncaster, in August 1957. When the bridges were modified in the 1960’s the vehicle was sold to local independent Rossie Motors, withdrawn in 1971 and passed straight into preservation. 112 went to a private owner. It was stored in Haxey until December 1985 when it moved to The Trolleybus Museum at Sandtoft. In January 1987 number 112 passed into the ownership of D.O.L.R.S. Restoration has never been completed because of anxiety surrounding the decayed roof sticks. As a result, number 112 remains in store despite mechanically running quite well. Occasional work is carried out on 112, and indeed the interior has been somewhat improved since its move to the Museum.
This vehicle is kept at one of the Museum's off-site storage facilities.